The story of Bernerhof Hotel in Gstaad began with its construction in 1904. Until 1969 the hotel named «Bahnhof» remained with its founders, the family «von Siebenthal». In 1969 the Bernerhof AG was founded.
1976 the hotel Bernerhof was acquired by Gisela and Leonz Blunschi. The old building had become too small. It was demolished in the spring of 1978 and rebuilt in its current shape and size. The pool and the chinese restaurant Blun-Chi were also constructed during that time.
In 1996 Thomas und Claudia Frei acquired the Bernerhof. After the turn of the millennium all rooms were renovated. 2008 the modern wellness area and the restaurant Basta were added. 2009 the cigar lounge Smoking. In 2014 the south rooms and suites on the 2. and 3. floor were completely remodeled for CHF 2.5 million.
Since 1978 the hoteliers, today Brigitte and Thomas Frei, hold the majority of shares in the Bernerhof AG. Thus Bernerhof is bound to uphold permanence and sustainability which also benefits our guests, our staff, and the entire region.